Thursday, June 5, 2008

Week 3 Journal

For the third week of class, we submitted our query letter and made our pitch presentation to the class, in addition to starting to write the actual article. For these tasks, we finally did achieve the organization within our group that I feel like we needed. In fact, with regards to the query letter and pitch presentation, we divided them according to who was more comfortable with each, as written and verbal communication are two very different things. As one of my strengths is speaking, thinking on the spot, and answering questions in a concise manner, I took half of the pitch presentation, while others in the group who said that they weren't very good at oral presentation focused on the query letter. Also, our group conferenced quite well in dividing up the article itself, each of us taking a piece that we were comfortable and familiar with. Finally, I feel like one of the things that I should focus on more as we proceed is my role in providing guidance to the group. Considering that I had some previous experience with solar cells, and was the main proponent of the topic to begin with, it seems that my ideas and suggestions to the group are instantly accepted without much consideration by the others. Although I always introduce my ideas as suggestions open to criticism, I hope that my group doesn't feel any sense of restraint about expressing their opinions, good and bad, about my ideas.

No comments: