Saturday, May 31, 2008
Week 2 Journal
For the second week of class, our group compiled our bibliography while doing further research on our topic. As mentioned in my last post, I thought that our group could benefit from more organization, in the form of a group leader or assigned tasks. I feel that we came closer to this over the past week, with Katie becoming essentially a “compiler” for our group’s work, in that she took work from each of us separately, and she then compiled it into our final bibliography. As I mentioned in the last post also, I think one of my strengths as a communicator is that I am very open and hope to keep everyone in my group on the same page. I have tried to use this skill by inciting more conversation amongst our group, and I think that it has been working. Every fifteen minutes or so while working, we will have a quick chat with one another to discuss, and we also have a “debriefing” chat at the end of the period where we draw any conclusions about what we have done and decide on responsibilities for next class. Naturally, as we become more comfortable working together in a group, we will feel more able to communicate freely and openly with one another, as is true in all social situations.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment