Saturday, June 14, 2008
Week 4 Journal
For the fourth week of class, we finished our rough drafts, conducted an ethics discussion, and had a peer review session among the three groups. For this week's journal, we were asked to focus on the peer review session. I think that the "round-robin" style of group review was more effective than one group going to the front of the class and being reviewed by the rest all at once. This is because, in the latter situation, I don't think the class would be as engaged and productive, much like in a regular school class, whereas the smaller group-to-group review was more conducive to discussion. I think that I was the most talkative in my group, at least when it came to reviewing our paper. I was not afraid to ask the other groups questions about what they thought about different parts of our paper, and I feel that this was one of my strengths. However, I found it much harder to turn the tables and critique the papers of others. It is very hard for me to come up with constructive suggestions about the work of others, and this has always been one of my weakness when it comes to peer editing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment